Excessive hair growth is more common than we think. Many people suffer from unwanted hair growth and we can have hair growing in places we don’t expect. SHR – Super-Fast Hair Removal is accomplished by the generation of heat from the light in the melanin (Hair) which is then transferred to the hair follicle (root)
The light safely disables the hair follicle to impair growth without damaging the surrounding skin.
This is a very important point to note as SHR Super-Fast Hair Removal targets both fine and coarse hairs.
Ultimately, this leads to no discomfort or pain, only a mild warmth here and there.
SHR is most effective during the active growth phase (anagen stage of hair growth) hence shaving a day before treatment or just before the hair removal treatment is most recommended, because of the gradual accumulation of the energy into the skin, there is less trauma and irritation on the skin. SHR is often considered to be one of the best hair removal treatments on the market today.
A typical course of treatment can be anywhere between 6-12 but this is unique to the client and will be discussed with a thorough consultation. Top up treatments are usually required yearly or if you are having any hormonal imbalances such as pregnancy or menopause.
A patch test and consultation is done 1-2 weeks prior to your first appointment.
Preparing for your appointment
- Shave the area 12-24 hours prior
- Avoid using all topical solutions
- Avoid tanning creams 2 weeks prior
- Avoid sunbeds/ sunbathing 4 weeks prior. Skin should be returned to your normal skin colour before treatment
- Avoid bleaching, waxing, plucking, epilation and any other forms of hair removal 4 weeks prior
- Do not use essential oils 48 hours prior
- Antibiotics should be finished 2 weeks prior
- Avoid taking antihistamines or other non prescribed medications continuously 5-7 days prior
- Exfoliate the area 3-5 days prior
A course of treatment is essential to receive optimal results and each session is usually 4-8 weeks apart.
THESE TREATMENTS ARE COMING SOON…